The quality of the interpersonal relationships is crucial to the success of an organisation – and determines how successful your company will be. Our ethos is that people form organisations, and organisations form people.
The global workplace is in a state of permanent change. Organisations, too, change and develop over time, creating new relationships and networks. Change is – in part – planned at the strategic level, using defined and ordered processes. But organisations also develop in unplanned, spontaneous ways. Standard approaches alone are not enough to ensure that the desired interactions develop; they often depend on hidden variables and forces that are difficult to control. These are often referred to as “soft factors”. Their effects, however, are often anything but soft.
Have you had similar experiences in the past during periods of re-structuring or re-engineering for your organisation? offstandards can provide you with competent support throughout these complex processes. It’s the starting point for our work. Here are some of the questions we pose when supporting companies in managing change processes: How does the organisation function? What defines its organisational culture? How do the various units within the organisation interact? Do company leaders give and receive enough feedback? Do the staff identify themselves with the organisation? Is there enough creative scope for action? Do the people in the organisation behave respectfully toward each other? Do customers and clients have faith in the ability of the organisation to perform? Do staff understand their contribution to its overall success?
We’re convinced that if you want to understand the complexity of change, it’s essential to deploy this kind of systematic thinking. It applies just as much to managing a current crisis as it does to realising ambitious growth targets for your company. At offstandards, we believe it’s crucial to get a holistic perspective on the dynamics of your organisation. We take the results of this analysis and integrate them with technical, social and financial components into a strategy that reflects the complexity of your organisation.
In the long term, the companies that optimise how interactions are handled are the ones who win out. By working with offstandards, you can be one of them. We will support you with our in-depth, expert knowledge, our strong portfolio of intercultural skills and a level of expertise in creating digital learning materials almost peerless in today’s market.
- Objectives and scope: The objective of the "Performance Management" workshop, is to prepare management level staff to lead their staff according to results and performance based principles. Only by addressing their motives, strengths and inner potential, will staff be able to give their very best. A further element of the leadership role which is addressed and coached in the course of the workshop, is dealing with staff who continuously fail to perform to a satisfactory level.
- Duration: 1 day workshop
- Participants: all management levels
- Maximum number of participants: 16
- Number of moderators: 2
SPEAK YOUR MIND!
- Objectives and scope: The primary focus of the "Effective Cooperation" workshop is the cooperation within processes (horizontal cooperation). By adopting a structured approach to feedback exchange and developing common, sustainable problem solving strategies, the so-called "softs", that is the behavioural and attitude contingent disorders, can be jointly clarified in team work and solutions developed.
- Duration: 1 day workshop plus half day follow-up to review the implementation of the agreements.
- Participants: staff/teams/management staff who have common operational areas.
- Maximum number of participants: 20
- Number of moderators: 2
- Objectives and scope: "Speak your mind!“ is a communication format which energises and activates the participants in a quite amazing way, enabling dialogue to take place on a level playing field marking a stark contrast to the usual preaching, or the endless bombardment with presentation slides. "speak your mind!" is different from the word go - starting with the seating arrangement. With seats organised in concentric circles, questions are discussed in a "fishbowl" style. The agenda is created within a few minutes using a participative and standardised approach (yes, it does work and is not a contradiction in terms!). The use of our voting-tools adds further transparency and plausibility to the event. The moderation is supplied by moderators specially trained to work with this format.
By the way: it’s fun too!
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Participants: we recommend mixed groups of participants hierarchical and functional)
- Maximum number of participants: 20-50
- Number of moderators: 2
TEAM FEEDBACK SESSION
- Objectives and scope: Objectives and scope: "Sounding out" is an alternative to an opinion gauge, which anonymously collates and evaluates information with the aid of questionnaires. Given the fact that anonymous surveys often produce a "bashing effect" and bad results are rarely discussed openly and constructively, we have developed a tool which connects feelings and opinions with the "faces" of the company. Professionally recorded video statements of a representative group of staff are edited together to create a film. The presentation of the film, for example at a general staff meeting, represents the starting point of a process in which clearly refined opinions and feelings are discussed within teams and departments and then supplied to the management in the form of feedback for further processing.
- Duration: the film shoots, including editing, require 2-3 days depending on number of participants.
- Participants: we recommend mixed groups of participants (hierarchical and functional)
Our “Change Management” Performance Portfolio:
- Objectives and scope: "The team feedback session" is a workshop aimed at improving team cooperation. In doing so, the format lays down the establishment of trust as the foundation for professional and efficient cooperation within team structures. As a result, the team feedback session furthermore represents a milestone in team development. The workshop follows a clear structure, which, in combination with a professional offstandards moderation, gives each participant the requisite confidence to give and receive open and honest feedback.
- Duration: 1 day workshop - optional: 1 day preparatory work.
- Participants: all staff of any given working team (e.g management teams, project teams, production teams etc.)
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Number of moderators: 1
- Transformational processes
- Creative concepts and design
- Supporting processes and advising on their planning and execution
- Communication concepts
- Managing improvement and idea-gathering initiatives
- Cultural change
- Implementing a “feedback culture”
- Implementing value systems and role models
- Implementing the “learning organisation” ethos
- Moderating workshops
- Major events
- Strategy workshops
- Team development workshops
- Town hall-style meetings
- Dialogue sessions
- Effective cooperation workshops
© 2016 - offstandards GmbH